ATERU DEFINED: TO PUT, PLACE, APPLY, HIT, STRIKE.
A forward, not pulling or retreating motion. (Sanseido’s New Concise Japanese-English Dictionary)
is to become:
- An association which strives to adhere to old world training and methods yet consider new ideas with an open mind.
- To elevate the learned ones and masters that are still alive to a place they deserve, while giving them a forum in which to share their knowledge online, in published journals, and at symposiums and round table discussions held around the world.
- A place where all who walk the martial life can respectfully meet and share ideas, martial scenarios and practical experience in an effort to better understand each other and how we approach the arts we practice.
- A haven for those who feel the need to become a part of something larger. A place for all who wish to learn, teach and experience.
- To build bridges via the Ateru Worldwide Association network with the result of having all members working for the greater good of AWA, their respective arts and organizations for the greater good of the world at large.