Michael has been involved in martial arts for over 15 years. Over the last 6 years he has been actively competing in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai / Kickboxing, and Mixed Martial Arts while working in, managing, refereeing, and/or promoting Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Submission Grappling and Mixed Martial Arts for the last 3 years.
Promotion/Event Director/Seminar Experience
- Director of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Submission Grappling tournament at the CAN-Am Games in Springfield Ohio July 23rd.
- Director of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Submission Grappling tournament at the Battle of Columbus. Columbus Ohio June 18th-19th
- Head Lecturer/Seminar Director for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Grappling at the Moogong Spring training Camp Columbus Ohio April 22nd – 24th.
- Director of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Submission Grappling tournament at the Battle of Columbus. Columbus Ohio March 18th-19th
- Promoter of the Ohio Hook-n-Shoot - Professional Shooto Mixed Martial Arts fight card in Columbus Ohio March 4th
- Promoter/Director Arnold Martial Arts Expo -Amateur Mixed Martial Arts Tournament March 4th-6th
- Promoter / Ohio Pro-Am Grappling Championship June 26th, 2004
- Multiple years of experience in managing and refereeing grappling tournaments
- Experience in refereeing Mixed Martial Arts and coordinating / managing various aspects of Mixed Martial Arts promotions.
- Licensed promoter of Mixed Martial Arts in the state of Ohio
- Certified Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Instructor under Black Belt Jorge Gurgel
- Certified Muay Thai Instructor under Ajarn Chai Sirisute
- Member of the Thai Boxing Association of the USA
- Official Representative of Shooto for the State of Ohio
- Currently working with the Ohio Athletic Commission as the Mixed Martial Arts Liaison to establish a set of rules to regulate amateur mixed martial arts & to help further educate the commission about the sport of Mixed Martial Arts.
- 10-1 Record Professional Mixed Martial Arts Record
- 6-1 Record Amateur Muay Thai / Kickboxing
- 2002 Amateur National Mixed Martial Arts Champion
- 2000 Pan-Am Bronze Medallist in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- 2001 Pan-Am Quarter Finalist in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- 2x Bando Amateur Kickboxing Champion
- National Champion in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Arnold Classic Champion in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- North American Grappling Association Chicago Tournament Champion
- Numerous other championships and placements in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Tournaments
Martial Arts Ranks
- Certified Instructor / Muay Thai
- Brown Belt / Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Black Belt 4th Dan/ American Kickboxing
- Black Belt 1st Dan San Ryu Do
- Black Belt 4th Dan Japanese Ju-Jitsu